Everything you publish, present, say, and do
reflects on the perceived QUALITY of your brand.
Always strive to represent your brand in the best possible manner.
Make sure your business process delivers what your brand promises.
Make sure that the people with the most frequent contact with your customers deliver quality servive.
Represent your brand in the best possible manner.
What can management do to make sure that, as their company grows, everyone understands the critical nature of properly representing the company's brand? It's a combination of monitoring and rewards.
It’s one thing to provide training, scripts and templates. It only works if you make sure that people use them! Implement some simple procedures that make everyone accountable for maintaining the value of the brand. For example:
- Require that every presentation be read by someone familiar with the brand guidelines, before it is given
- Insist that all material posted on the corporate web-site be approved by the brand manager
- Ensure that every new employee is mentored in brand implementation
- Arrange for someone you know to randomly call your sales force or customer service organization
- Encourage management to randomly talk to employees to see if they understand the brand promise and actively attempt to implement it
- Ask everyone in your company to make suggestions on how to more efficiently and effectively implement the Brand Promise
Reward Fulfillment of the Brand Promise
You need to let everyone know that senior management values the fulfillment of the Brand Promise. If you don’t make it clear that ‘living the Brand’ is important, no amount of training and monitoring will give the desired results.
- Create awards that reward excellence in delivering on the Brand Promise. Monetary rewards, such as a certificate for dinner for two, provide clear evidence that Brand is important.
- Publicize the fact that people have received awards for being “Brand Quality Agents.”
- Include delivering on the Brand Promise as one of the evaluation areas for any performance review.
- Remind anyone who fails to deliver on the Brand Promise that such behavior is not looked upon favorably by senior management.
Top of page
If you need help doing this, contact AbuLLard. He'll be glad to help!